Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Great idea but how easy and safe to cut the bottle Pat

Reaction score
I love the idea of using old bottles this way Pat and think your example is a very attractive one :)

scotkat - as this is something that I've actually done myself and really enjoyed doing - I can honestly say that it is actually very easy and safe to do - once you've obtained a glass cutter and mastered the art of using one.

For anyone wishing to start creating their own glass bottle ideas - there are plenty of glass cutting machines available to buy online which vary from the very sophisticated to extremely simple - like this one

BOTTLE - cutter.jpg

which I have used myself and found it to be real easy and not very expensive either :)

There are so many things that you can make once you have a glass cutter - from candle holders, to outdoor lanterns and even mosaics and if you are feeling slightly creative - have a look at some of the wonderfully amazing things that you can do with all your empty bottles here

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/glass-bottle-garden-ideas.1897/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Pat - this is a really lovely idea! I have a few wine bottles that I could use to make a planter like this. I'm glad I didn't throw them away:)
Gata Montes - wow, I must look for a glass cutting machine! I've never seen anything like it, I hope it's available in online stores that ship to my country:)

Reaction score
I'm more than sure that there are claudine particularly as I think that I'm right in saying that Amazon ships to Poland :)

Which if I am correct - means that you should be able to acquire one - especially as Amazon have numerous models to choose from including the one in picture and should you manage to do so - here are some easy ideas to start with

Hanging lanterns

Bottle - wine bottle candle holders - hanging .jpg

Outdoor candles

Bottle - wine bottle - out door candles .jpg

or if you don't have a bottle cutter - there are still some wonderfully imaginative uses for left over bottles - such this support for a climbing plant

Bottle - garden art .jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love the outdoor candles, Gata Montes, they're really lovely! I'm sure they look even more beautiful in the evening:love: I've always had a soft spot for candlelight.
I definitely could use a glass cutting machine:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Those are great pictures and what a good way to recycle bottles. We go through at least 1 bottle of wine per week so I am going to start looking for pretty ones so I can try this.

Ask a Question