Garden gloves recommendation

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
Do you know of a good brand for garden gloves? Mine is kind of cheap so it's torn up after a few months. I don't do heavy duty tasks. The most heavy duty task is just moving soil around the garden.

Also what gloves material do you think is the best? leather, rubber....etc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I find that the heavy duty black rubber gloves from the supermarket are best, and refuse to pay huge prices for named brands. If using gloves for a long period of time I wear thin cotton ones underneath for comfort.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
I like the Well Lemont brand of canvas/leather

gloves. I try them on at the store to make sure the large is really large enought for my hands.

I stay away from the china made ones they come apart at the seams for me.

1595929765963.png

Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Old thread, sorry, but I guess someone else dug it up.

I wear gloves almost all the time in the garden and go through a pair per season. I'm hard on them and tend to get into big projects

General work I wear Mechanix style with a velcro close at the wrist. They're not big and floppy and will take almost anything thrown at them - transplanting seedlings to setting paver patio to working with thornbushes to ripping off roof shingles.
These are the most recent pair I bought from Lowes

If it is really wet work I will grab a pair of the knit gloves with nitrile coated palms.

Just like shoes don't buy gloves without trying them on. Brand A medium fits me best while brand B XL fits me. I think brand B is just trying to make me feel better.

Ask a Question