Garden dying

Reaction score
Hello, still learning gardening and most of our plants are dying. I've attached three pics and have a few questions if anyone can help....

1) on the zuchini, is this a bug eating it?
2) on the green pepper, is this also a bug?
3) our tomato plant is growing fruit but also dying. Does this look like under watering or overwatering? Some type of disease?

Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 244
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 283
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello, still learning gardening and most of our plants are dying. I've attached three pics and have a few questions if anyone can help....

1) on the zuchini, is this a bug eating it?
2) on the green pepper, is this also a bug?
3) our tomato plant is growing fruit but also dying. Does this look like under watering or overwatering? Some type of disease?

Appreciate any help.
On the zuc that looks like a mouse or rat nibbled on the end some time in the past. On the pepper that is a caterpillar. If you open it up and look closely you will probably find him. On the tomato that is blight and nothing you can do at this point

Reaction score
On the zuc that looks like a mouse or rat nibbled on the end some time in the past. On the pepper that is a caterpillar. If you open it up and look closely you will probably find him. On the tomato that is blight and nothing you can do at this point

Thank you for the response. Would over watering cause blight? Or can we fend it off in the future?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you for the response. Would over watering cause blight? Or can we fend it off in the future?
Blight is a soil fungus. Overwatering might worsen the problem but not the cause. Splashing water on the leaves during watering or a heavy rain is the main culprit. About all you can do is slow it down enough to get a good harvest. There are two type of blight, early and late. Both are about the same. What you can do next year is heavily mulch your tomatoes and snip off affected leaves and stems as they appear and remove the pieces from the garden. Blight is a problem most of us have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes blight is terrible...never had an issue with it for years, then two very wet rainy summers in a row and it's now all over my region. All you can do is control it. Smaller and cherry-type tomatoes seem to be less affected.

Rabbits too, maybe, on your squash. I co-gardened with a neighbor this year, she's just a block away from me but I have dogs and she doesn't. Rabbits over there decimated the carrots, cucumbers and some squash (she saw them.) Carrots did great at my house, but my dogs deter bunnies I guess.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Have you sprayed them with a pesticide lately? This can be cause why they are dying. You also need to make sure that you use the correct fertiliser for your crops. Your soil ph should also be regulated to suit the kind of crops that you plant.

Ask a Question