Garden designing

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
When I ventured into a business designing and executing landscaped gardens I had no clue how to go about it. Gardening was my hobby and I had a bit of creativity in me. Equipped with that I accepted an order for designing and executing a landscaped garden for a builder who had a huge area where I had to work on my concept. It was a package deal. I quoted a an amount and he readily gave me an advance. My niece joined me as a partner who did not know the difference between a leaf and a flower. But I wanted someone to be there.

Those days there were no courses for landscape architecture. And I was no draftsman to produce a professional design. But happily what I drew on a graph paper was accepted by my client.

I was happy with the results and so was my client which resulted in my getting more orders.

gardendesign.jpg

This concept has a play area for kids with swings and such items, a badminton court, lawns, shade trees, a patch for seasonal flowers, garden lights, a rockery, arches for creepers, a water fountain and several potted plants placed all over. The entire area is paved.

Reaction score
Amazing! So you just started this business with nothing more than just passion and a very big liking and love for gardening! Just amazing! I think your story is really inspiring :) I'd have been so nervous the first time I had a client! Glad all went so well for you!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It must be rewarding seeing your plans come to life and be appreciated. Great that you're successful.
I do not know why I did not see this post of yours. Thanks. Yes it was indeed rewarding - my first money through landscaped garden designing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It sounds so amazing to me, and since you already enjoy what you are doing, it must be very rewarding to see everything comes together. You must be proud of your design :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It sounds so amazing to me, and since you already enjoy what you are doing, it must be very rewarding to see everything comes together. You must be proud of your design :)
Indeed it was an exciting experience.

Ask a Question