Garden design tips

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I wanted to create a thread on gardening tips. I'm sure many of us have developed some nifty tricks over the years while gardening. And so, i thought it'd be fun and informative to list them down on one thread, and maybe even discuss them.

Here are two tips I have:

1. When planting a big garden make sure to leave space. Break your garden up into pieces. For example, instead of having one huge flowerbed with a ton of different flowers/plants, make rows. You can also separate it into corners and/or hang a few flowers. It'll make it easier to maintain and you won't have to trample all over your beautiful flowers to reach the ones in the middle. It'll also look cleaner.
  2. Also when planting a big garden, pay attention to colors and textures. Varying can keep your garden looking interesting. For example, you can lay a row of stones. It'd be a smooth grey texture against pointy green grass blades.

Reaction score
Don't be afraid to experiment, you can always dig it up and transplant it somewhere else if you don't like the plants where they are. I have done this many times.

Ask a Question