United Kingdom
Spring is here
P1020809.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing this lovely picture!:) Spring is here, in Poland, too. Today, I spent most of my free time outdoors. I was to excited to take pictures though, I kept running from one plant to the other. They're all so pretty!:D:love:

Reaction score
Thanks for showing that, I need to be able to believe that we will be getting Spring in Connecticut, US. Like much of the northern US we have been battered by way too much snow and record setting frigid temps. March is almost here but the early weather shows more cold and snow, probably on Sunday. Keep those pictures coming, they cheer me up.

Reaction score
Oh how I wish it was scotkat and although I'm really looking forward to its arrival - Spring is unfortunately some way off for me - but have to say - very many thanks for sharing your beautiful photo - as its a very welcome and much appreciated sight - as seeing it has really brightened my day and especially so - because snowdrops are something that I don't ever get to see where I live - as they don't grow here.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The S. Arnott snowdrop (Galanthus x 'S. Arnott') is a hybrid of Galanthus nivalis and Galanthus plicatus that originated in the early 20th Century in the garden of a Mr. Sam Arnott, located in Carsethorn, in southern Scotland near the Solway Firth. This same cross of Galanthus nivalis X Galanthus plicatus also occurs as a natural hybrid in Thrace, where it is known as Galanthus x valentinei.

Galanthus x 'S. Arnott' is a sterile triploid. Its flower bears a close remblance to that of Galanthus x 'Magnet' which is also a sterile triploid hybrid, though the pedicel of the latter is noticeably longer.

Ask a Question