9b
Country
United Kingdom
AE6AE097-FD91-458C-9901-7BA5F7F84B04.jpeg
37ACADE6-A9D0-4B8C-BEC3-855BFEDDCBEF.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That looks lovely. Oh if only, we had a couple of hours today when there were odd drops of rain, but not enough to wet the ground, meanwhile I switch on the news and hear about flash floods and thunder storms, not here. My ground is so dry I can dig down a foot almost next to plants I water every day and it is still bone dry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That looks lovely. Oh if only, we had a couple of hours today when there were odd drops of rain, but not enough to wet the ground, meanwhile I switch on the news and hear about flash floods and thunder storms, not here. My ground is so dry I can dig down a foot almost next to plants I water every day and it is still bone dry.
The situation here is quite different. It had been quite clear and somewhat hot and dry several days ago but today brought lots of rain and some thunder. The rainwater helped the germination of my cornflowers and luckily the compost and Topsoil has good drainage. I hear of even bigger storms across the country.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just went to put the bin out for the dustman, and yes midnight and it's raining proper rain. Don't know how long it will last, but I can hear it poring into my empty water bin. :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That was a short shower, put about six inches into the water butt. Now, however, it is sheeting down, more than the gutters can handle,

Yippee!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking after it stopped I reckon I collected over 700 litres in my butts yesterday afternoon, should keep me going for a bit. And it filled the pond fuller than I have ever seen, the birds will like that, they get nervous having to go down in for water.

Ask a Question