Fusarium Wilt DISASTER

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All! This is my first post and oooh, boy do I need some help! So I decided to go all in with gardening to stay active during this pandemic- and somehow, despite my best efforts- a plant pandemic seems to have ravaged my garden in just over a week. I noticed the first signs of distressed plants about a week and a half ago. The day after a huge storm blew through two of my tomato plants exhibited yellowed leaves and wilting. I assumed it was from being waterlogged but the yellowing continued and was restricted to only these two plants and only one side of each. After digging around extensively online I realized it was probably Fusarium wilt and pulled the plants immediately. I also removed the cages, sterilized them, sterilized all equipment and tossed the gloves I used to deal with the plants. A few days later some yellowing started to appear in a few leaves on the surrounding plants- I carefully removed the yellowed leaves and the symptoms seemed to slow. Three days ago I noticed what appeared to be downy mildew on my 5 canteloupe plants and 8 zucchini & summer squash plants. I had been regularly spraying them with a baking soda mix to prevent DM and was worried. Within 3 days all of the canteloupe, and most of the zuchs and yellow squash plants are dead. I believe this could be from Fusarium wilt as well? 'm in Delaware and we have been having an extremely hot and humid summer so I realized I would lose some plants and had my Fall/Winter crops already starting from seed in the basement. I need advice on how to remedy the Fusarium presence so that I can attempt my winter garden. I was thinking of doing a fungicide drench and then solarizing for the next 3-4 weeks? Please help!!! Thanks so much!

Ask a Question