fungicide and pesticide regiment

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a/7b
Country
United States
I've honestly never used a fungicide or a pesticide on my vegetable garden but after the last two years of terrible harvests due to blight and army worms, I figure it's time to try to control these issues. I want to use copper fungicide and neem oil, since these two chemicals don't seem overly harmful to the environment. Is there anything special about using these two things together? How soon should I start spraying them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've honestly never used a fungicide or a pesticide on my vegetable garden but after the last two years of terrible harvests due to blight and army worms, I figure it's time to try to control these issues. I want to use copper fungicide and neem oil, since these two chemicals don't seem overly harmful to the environment. Is there anything special about using these two things together? How soon should I start spraying them?
Neem won't do much against worms of any kind. Use either Bt or a spinosad based insecticide. Spinosad kills all caterpillars/worms but takes a little longer than Bt. Spinosad is really the only one you need. Neem works best on scale insects and has fungicidal properties. Spinosad works on everything but scale.

Ask a Question