Fungi

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
OK, I'm tired of the winter. I wish I could have my seedlings outside so there wouldn't be any gnads in the house. I try to keep them ventilated, but fungi are growing in the pots, too. I guess I'll have to start all over, unless somebody has an organic solution to my problem.

These are the fungi
002.JPG
I'm talking about:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
OK, I'm tired of the winter. I wish I could have my seedlings outside so there wouldn't be any gnads in the house. I try to keep them ventilated, but fungi are growing in the pots, too. I guess I'll have to start all over, unless somebody has an organic solution to my problem.

These are the fungiView attachment 4060 I'm talking about:
Not to worry. That is a type of spore mat from a fungi called slime mold or dog vomit mold. It is nothing to worry about. If you don't like the way it looks just spoon it out. It will eventually turn into a dried substance that will have millions of little spores that drift with the wind. When it lands where there is organic material to decompose it will start the process of decomposition. It just shows you have soil with good organic material content. As for the knats, spray the soil with spinosad

Ask a Question