Full Sun Plants For Florida?

Reaction score
Hi guys. My apartment balcony is pretty sunny because there's not much to block the light.
My pothos is not doing well out there because it's too sunny. Can you think of any full sun plants that would thrive on a hot Florida apartment balcony? I don't really want cactus because it's not my style and it's a bit too rustic for me.

Reaction score
Apparently aloe vera likes full sun. I learned that today at the garden center. Do you guys know of any other full sun plants?

Reaction score
The only ones that come to mind are hens and chicks, as well as miniature roses :) With can try with both of those, I have heard they do well even if under direct sun light.

Reaction score
Apparently aloe vera likes full sun. I learned that today at the garden center. Do you guys know of any other full sun plants?

I'm not sure that I would agree with Aloe Vera liking full sun in hot climates - as they generally prefer to be in a light shade at the hottest part of the day - as direct sunlight normally burns their leaves and makes them look rather unsightly.

Although I'm not sure if you are looking for a shrub or mixture of shrubs as well as some perennials - here are few suggestions to be going on with

Plumbago
Lantana - of which there are many varieties
Yuccas
Adenium Obesium - Desert Rose
Hardy Hibiscus
Agapanthus
Argyranthemum
Cosmos
Cannas
Coreopsis
Gaillardia - Blanket Flower
Gazanias
Most Ice Plants
Helenium
Day Lily
Sedum
Liatris

all of which would be reliable and grow well in your area and although there are many more than those that I have already mentioned - as these are all I can think of at this moment in time - should you need more will be more than happy to help out :)

Ask a Question