Fruiting season is changing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Have you noticed that changing of the season? The rainy season comes early now and the cold season ends somewhat late. With that change in the seasons, we have noticed that fruit trees seem to have changed too. Our cashew used to bear fruit in time for the first week of May harvest. But this year our first harvest was in late May. With the dragon fruit, the first harvest is normally done in August but we already had a first harvest last week.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The climate is changing. When I was a child, winters here were long and severe. Now, they're short and warm. This summer has been especially weird so far. One day, it's freezing cold. The next day, it's too hot, lol;)
Yesterday, there was a big storm here. Half of my city is paralyzed:confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes, everything changed this year for us too! The growth of my flowers seem to be shorter for those that like heat, but some that loves rain grow so tall. We have so much rain and cool temperature that it is not funny nor feel like summer at all.

Reaction score
Here is the same, this year the winter was over very late, so late for a moment we thought there wouldn't be any spring that year, lol. Of course, we were wrong and spring did come, but a little too late, more late than it usually does. The weather is indeed changing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
The climate is changing. When I was a child, winters here were long and severe. Now, they're short and warm. This summer has been especially weird so far. One day, it's freezing cold. The next day, it's too hot, lol;)
Où sont les neiges d’antan?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines

My husband who usually talks to his plants said that if only his plants could talk, they would complain about the changing climate. The extreme weather is also wreaking havoc on the plants and trees who seem to go crazy on what to do - to bear fruits or not. And even if it rainy season now, the weather becomes hot when there is no rain. Maybe the trees and plants can adapt to that in a year or two.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Headfullofbees - haha, le passé doit rester dans le passé, I hate the snow and I'm very glad I don't have to see it often anymore:D
Corzhens - that's so sweet, I talk to my plants too!:D But I think most of them don't care about the climate since I grow them indoors:)

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I totally agree. one can no longer predict the length of a season. In a tropical country like us, sometimes we got confused because we are supposed to be experiencing the rainy season but look we've been in drought for months now and water has been very scarce- lakes and swamps have dried up. while on the other part of my country, they've experienced floods and calamities brought about by typhoon. The weather is really changing now. I just thought how it affects to plants in the same manner that people are disturbed?

Reaction score
Our summers are usually hot and dry, but this year's has been wet and cool! And my parents, who live 30 miles away, are having a drought! The question is, is this a short term thing, with the weather returning to normal next year, or will next year's weather be odd as well?

I bought a drip irrigation kit, so all I have to do to irrigate my garden is to turn the water on and off. I think I have only used it twice, as it has rained so much this summer that some of my vegetables have been under water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Our summers are usually hot and dry, but this year's has been wet and cool! And my parents, who live 30 miles away, are having a drought! The question is, is this a short term thing, with the weather returning to normal next year, or will next year's weather be odd as well?

I bought a drip irrigation kit, so all I have to do to irrigate my garden is to turn the water on and off. I think I have only used it twice, as it has rained so much this summer that some of my vegetables have been under water.

At least you're set up for the next dry patch Kansas Terri.
The summer before last I set up a watering system for my garden and I must admit it was my very most "unfavouritist" gardening job ever!:mad: All that bending and twisting and just everything:mad::confused:. I got the most horrendous water bill over that very hot summer so I was quite nervous but the next summer was cooler so I just reverted back to hand watering. Now that is my very most " favouritist" gardening job ever! :):p Summer evening after the hard work is done, dinner is organized.....watering.....hose in one hand, glass of white In the other.:love:

Ask a Question