Fruit trees

Reaction score
I'm not very interested in growing fruit trees myself, but my father has always been. He's never been succesful at it tho, I was wondering why could that be? For some reason all the fruit trees we had at home never debeloped completely or if they did... their fruits didn't! What's the secret?

Reaction score
Some years you don't get fruit, a cold snap or hail can kill the flowers. Sometimes there are no bees or if the tree is to old but If you are in a climate where others are growing fruit all you have to do is prune the tree. Someone showed me how to do it in an olive grove and it takes practice to get it perfect but I'm sure you could find a video to learn how.

Reaction score
I got to see some fruit, but it was too small! It could never grow full term, and of the rare occasions it actually did it was tasting funny! We had a pomegranate tree that only produced very colorless and funny tasting pomegranates :D We also had a pear tree that didn't grow up big enough to produce any thing.

I'll find out how to do it :) I'm very interested to get some nice fruit trees for my new house in the future, I like the idea of having my own lemon tree and make some homemade lemon liqueur with my fresh lemons :D Thanks for the reply!

Reaction score
Now it sounds more like a soil or climate issue. The first indicator is if there are similar trees near your property. If there are you could easily check the soil's PH. If not you may have to look for more resilient or faster producing species.
Cheers

Reaction score
Well, the neighbor had a pomegranate tree as well, but unlike our tree, this one actually produced very red and even aromatic pomegranates. All our fruit trees were a mess, however, this wasn't the case for 2 pine trees that can also be found in that same property. I guess growing fruit trees is not as easy as it seems!

Ask a Question