Fruit cocktail / salad trees

Reaction score
Have you ever wanted an orchard, but couldn't have one ? Well now you can, as that is exactly how I would describe these Fruit Cocktail Trees, especially when you can grow between 3 to 6 different varieties all on one tree :)
These trees are ideal for anyone with limited space and can be grown either in the ground or in containers.

There are currently three varieties available.
Peach-Plum-Cocktail tree.jpg

The Stone-Fruit Cocktail Tree - just :love: this one, as it would be the fruit tree of my dreams, all my favorite fruit on one tree - Apricots, peaches, nectarines, red and yellow plums etc. :)
Apart from looking heavenly it would take up a lot less room, than all the individual fruit trees needed to provide this mix of fruit and of course be a whole lot less work, particularly as stone fruit are quite time consuming to look after.

Apple cocktail.jpg

The Apple Cocktail Tree - for the apple lovers.:) I think this tree would look very attractive, with all the different colors of apples on it.

Fruit salad Citrus.jpg

The Citrus Cocktail Tree - has to be a citrus lovers dream, just think all varieties of citrus, all on one tree :) Just think how good this tree would look, particularly as all citrus fruits ripen at the same time.

Unfortunately availability is limited to The States and Australia at present.
However, if like me ,you would like to have one of these trees, you could have a go at growing one, by grafting the branches of other varieties on to one tree.
I only have a very basic knowledge of grafting and am hoping, that someone reading this may have some hints and tips on how to do this.

Which tree or trees will you be choosing :D

Reaction score
Yes Zigs they would :D which is why I mentioned, that they would be a great choice, for all those who had wanted an orchard but couldn't have one. :)

Missed that one, so many thanks for the info Zigs, as its great news for all of those who wish to buy an ' Apple Cocktail Tree ' in Europe - don't suppose you came across any of the other varieties in your search, particularly the stone fruit one, as thats the one I would most like to be available in Europe.

Didn't think the price was too bad considering the amount of work required to produce these trees, and especially when you consider just one tree, with up to six varieties of apples on it, is equivalent to a small orchard :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is such a funny idea to grow so many different fruits on one tree, I really like it. I find it cute:) I would like to have plums, pears and peaches on my tree, it would be great:D

Reaction score
My brother has an apple tree on his property that is grafted with more than one variety of apples. His son worked at a nursery one summer and brought it home. I'm not sure if it's producing yet, but I just think it's neat. Years ago, while in the state of Georgia, I was intrigued by a dogwood tree that had purple blossoms on one side and white on the other.

Reaction score
My brother has an apple tree on his property that is grafted with more than one variety of apples. His son worked at a nursery one summer and brought it home. I'm not sure if it's producing yet, but I just think it's neat. Years ago, while in the state of Georgia, I was intrigued by a dogwood tree that had purple blossoms on one side and white on the other.

Your brother is a lucky fella, his tree must look really :cool: As it was only a summer job, don't suppose his son picked up any helpful hints and tips on grafting.
Love the sound of that dogwood :) they are very attractive plants anyway - but purple and white blossoms all on one shrub must have looked fantastic.

Reaction score
Your brother is a lucky fella, his tree must look really :cool: As it was only a summer job, don't suppose his son picked up any helpful hints and tips on grafting.
Love the sound of that dogwood :) they are very attractive plants anyway - but purple and white blossoms all on one shrub must have looked fantastic.

You know, I'm not sure how much information he took away with him. And I never did check on that tree this summer, to see if it's bearing fruit yet. I guess I have some questions to ask, don't I? ;)

Reaction score
I have a multi grafted cherry tree and love it! Rainer, Van, bing and Stella. :)

Like the sound of that, a nice mix :)

Have you had your cherry tree for a long time and had plenty of cherries or was it a recent acquisition?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I've a "family" apple tree, Queen Cox, Fiesta and Greensleeves, and have further grafted a scion from next door's Bramley.

I'm going to have a go at cross-grafting plums and cherries this spring, as I have two plum trees and three cherry.

Reaction score
I've a "family" apple tree, Queen Cox, Fiesta and Greensleeves, and have further grafted a scion from next door's Bramley.

I'm going to have a go at cross-grafting plums and cherries this spring, as I have two plum trees and three cherry.

Your plum and cherry cross sounds very interesting, as does your apple tree, especially as it sounds like you did the grafting yourself.

I would very much like to have a go at doing this, and only have very basic knowledge of grafting, but have every variety of stonefruit and citrus tree, available in my garden to do this with.

Would you be able to help out with some handy hints and tips on how I should start?

Reaction score
I have never heard of this before. It is interesting. Does the fruit taste ok? I would wonder if the flavor of the fruits would mix.

Reaction score
I have never heard of this before. It is interesting. Does the fruit taste ok? I would wonder if the flavor of the fruits would mix.

Yes, the fruit taste exactly the same, as those that come off the individual trees, and no the flavors don't mix, as all the fruits are growing separately on their own individual branches, which are grafted onto the tree in order to provide a mini orchard all on the one tree, which makes them ideal for those people who have limited space and couldn't grow all the fruit trees they wished to.:)

Reaction score
Like the sound of that, a nice mix :)

Have you had your cherry tree for a long time and had plenty of cherries or was it a recent acquisition?

I think it is about 5 years old and still growing. After the second year I had a whole bunch but one early morning a squirrel decided to eat them all and left me all the pips ha ha ☺️. I have been struggling with it this year as our townhouses had the siding changed last year and it was quite traumatized so lots of flowers and about two cherries only . Hopefully it will spring back next summer!

Ask a Question