Frost coming

Reaction score
Country
United States
I planted 3 bleeding hearts and 4 hellebores today. The temp is going down to 28 this Saturday. Should I dig the plants up? Also, is it ok to plant blooming daffodils before the last frost?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
We were going to have a low of 38 fri nite they bumped it to 40 , Now I feel better
I just planted a few annuals
I wasn't going to do any thing but water them good
You could just cover them up with a bucket for the night

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I planted 3 bleeding hearts and 4 hellebores today. The temp is going down to 28 this Saturday. Should I dig the plants up? Also, is it ok to plant blooming daffodils before the last frost?
Why not just cover up everyone with an old bedsheet or newspapers and stick a planting pot on top??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
No frost here but we got the white stuff coming again :mad:. I just can't seem to get a enough warm day to try and plant. What I do have coming up I'll just cover just in case it turns out to be a last frost.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yup where I live we can have frosts in June. :eek: And we have more snow in the forecast.

Don't dig up your plants...just cover them up any evening you're expecting frost. They may get a little frost burned but will recover.

Ask a Question