Front yard ideas

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am working on cleaning up this space today (cleaning up the weeds and removing everything that doesn’t belong). We put down the black liner to avoid weeds and they grew back. We put down some rocks as you can see but it didn’t do much for the space so we are removing. Does anyone have ideas for what we can do for this small space? We are trying to fix up so we can sell. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 9540EBAA-A34E-48DD-87A9-A63E2C9AFA0D.jpeg
    9540EBAA-A34E-48DD-87A9-A63E2C9AFA0D.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 34
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome to the Forums.

If it is just to look presentable for sale, I would just do basic grooming. The new owners will have their own ideas, so doing elaborate landscaping can be such a waste. I know I'd rather buy a basic garden than one that has been expensively done up in a way I don't like, especially if the landscaping bill is just going to be tacked onto the cost*. Just pull up the weeds and put down more mulch to cover that black plastic and any weed stubble left behind. I would use bark. You can mix bark and pebble mulch together. It will work fine.

* Real estate agents often lobby for improvements when selling, but the agent pay none of the costs while getting ~5% of the sale price. The assumption is that improvements actually lead to higher selling prices, but often they don't.

Last edited:

Ask a Question