Foxglove flop

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recieved a gorgeous foxglove for Mother's day, never let it dry but it started to hang it's heads so I planted it and it's worse! Today is day 3, it just keeps wilting more by the hour. I've never grown one before so I am perplexed. I have heavy, sandy soil, put the plant in a sunny spot, fed with miracle gro and watering it in well...no luck. What am I doing wrong? I hurt when I lose a plant so I am beginning to mourn, is it too soon to give up??? Please tell me there's hope! Ty

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Grow foxglove plants in full sun, partial sun or partial shade in a fertile, well-drained, acidic soil. Once mature, they tolerate dry shade but not full shade.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks Louis, I recieved the Foxglove as a gift, bought from a retail store, therefore "it had been forced to it's prime for show and no thought is given to their survival once purchased" so it's likely suffering severe withdrawal. That's what I have read on the internet and it makes sense to me given the way it has behaved. I am nursing it to the very end! Rather sad I believe that a living thing can be "just a buck" to some people.

Ask a Question