Found wild strawberries in the yard

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
a small patch. What to do with them? They're in an area that typically gets mowed which is probably why I never noticed them before.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found that these are best treated as weeds. The ones I have here spread like hot butter all over the place, and I have a job to get rid of them. It might be a better idea to stick to named varieties and grow those instead :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have some that grow as weeds. They are usually called wild straberries when they have white blooms and indian strawberries when the looms are yellow. Some are tasteless. Since I do not know where they came from, I do not eat the fruit and pull them out when weeding.

Reaction score
Country
United States
a small patch. What to do with them? They're in an area that typically gets mowed which is probably why I never noticed them before.
Yum! Maybe you could transplant them to a wine barrel pot and grow them! We have wild strawberries growing by lots of the hiking trails around here in the PNW. They are small, but delicious!

Ask a Question