Found many of these bugs with holes on leaves!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Even after complete covering my garden with sluggo and eggshells, and using collars around my plants, I'm still seeing holes on my leaves. The damage is pretty bad. I found these bugs all around my plant leaves. I got a picture. Are these bad?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Can you get a better picture? It appears to be either a wasp or a bee of some sort and if so it is probably beneficial. I also see what appears to be extremely small light colored spots that look a lot like thrips or spider mites. If you have a magnifying glass look at them closely. I will hazard a guess that that insect is feeding on those and that they are what is damaging your plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I'm bumping this thread because I just found out from Chuck that flea beetles have been eating my plants.

If you look closely, you can see little holes. I feel like that bug in the picture IS a flea beetle!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm bumping this thread because I just found out from Chuck that flea beetles have been eating my plants.

If you look closely, you can see little holes. I feel like that bug in the picture IS a flea beetle!
No, it isn't. See its wings. A beetle doesn't have wings like that.

Ask a Question