For the dog lovers

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
My wife's Spanish Water dog doesn't only love heat, but she also hates water...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hope you enjoy this short video.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have a Labrador retriever who has never grasped the concept of retrieving. He gets very excited when I throw something, he bounces around and thinks I'm amazing. But what he wants is for ME to go retrieve the thing, and throw it again.

He's weird. I call him my Labradork. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I think you got a sleepyhead.

Btw sorry, I find cats funny.

My cat sometimes sleeps with all four stretched in four direction as flat as doormat.

If you whistle he appear out of nowhere, greet you by rubbing his entire length against you, it means it's chowtime.

If you jingle keys, it runs towards the gate.

Other times his curiosity can only move his butt.:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Chica doesn't retreive anything either Beth. I think those who transported her to the Netherlands left her brain in Spain. :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Chica doesn't retreive anything either Beth. I think those who transported her to the Netherlands left her brain in Spain. :LOL:
I think a little positive feedback will work wonder. Dogs are wise, need to convince that they will be rewarded for fetching. Sorry, I am not a dog person though.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
She just doesn't understand and loses interest very quick. When in the park she does love to run after other dogs who do fetch sticks and balls and runs back with them, but she'll never bring back a stick or ball herself.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes indeed, there has to be interest and drive, and he just doesn't have it. My little dog loves frisbee, and the Mastiff will retrieve too although being huge, he likes logs and tree branches. o_O

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm loving all these dog photos! Wish I had one :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We had a Golden Retriever/St. Bernard mix for 10 years. He was a sweet, loving, and very protective dog. Shall we talk dog hair all over the place?
Then we got a St. Bernard/Collie mix. He expected us to take care of everything. Protection? I'll stand here behind you and watch. You don't really expect me to go outside in the rain to do my duty? I don't think I like this dog food that you just bought in a 20 lb. bag--let's try something else.
We loved both, and had 22 years of big, hairy dogs that thought they were lap dogs (and we agreed!).
There is nothing as sweet, loving, and entertaining as a good dog. I envy you all!

Ask a Question