For me, what ranks right up there with.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
.....spindly, leggy seedlings is ALL the bagged "potting soil" out there that is NOTHING but course wood chips........with this one being an exception. It runs around $10 a bag and I have only found it at Home Depot, around here. I have had GREAT success with it........
20190524_185330.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ah, nice potting soil choice! Never use Sta-Green, that's for sure. Miracle-Gro now offers Performance Organics now, if you want to try it to! And don't forget to plant those leggy plants deep! :)

P

Peace perfect peace

Yes I couldnt agree with David more (100%)
It's the best start you can give is the right way to go, plants are like humans in their needs ie we both need Air/light/water/food/ And good living conditions some need heat more than others,
If you dont feed your plants with a good (what that plants needs) Then like humans they'll not do well and the results are not good.

I did say ive an cement mixer i bought (used) ages ago and i do mix a lot of my own compost, the results are always good and i know everything thats being mixed, (No rubbish being mixed and im not into buying rubbish in a nice bag)
Half the time the cheap rubbish bag cost more than the compost inside it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
It's about reputation repair and the power of the organic consumer.
I won't (knowingly) touch a Scotts/Miracle Gro product until they cease production of soil death.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I am glad to see Scotts and Miracle Grow finally getting off of the chemical train and starting to offer good products.
They are not getting off the chemical train though, are they?
Still duping new gardeners into purchasing blue soil death.
Tomatonut stated it was really pushed where she lives.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They are not getting off the chemical train though, are they?
Still duping new gardeners into purchasing blue soil death.
Tomatonut stated it was really pushed where she lives.
It is pushed BIG TIME over here. Every other add on TV is for Scotts or Miracle Gro. You should see their "tomato" plants. They should be sued for false advertising.

P

Peace perfect peace

All anyone has to do if they're undecided ref chemicles is study the subject you say you like
In this case it's gardening,
Unlike when i first got interested in gardening the www forum's we're not here,
Now we have google etc and if you want to know anything then it's available,

But we do have a price to pay, thanks to the W.W.W. people dont write letter's, as they once did, and when it comes to giving advice or help you must take into account it's up to the asker if they want to take the advice given,

Ask a Question