Flowers You Think Are Dead that come back to life

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have had rosebushes that do this. They have disappeared for a year or so only to pop back up and bloom. I have a perrenial flower of some sort planted out front, I forget the type, I thought it was long gone, only to see it blooming again! Sometimes flowers are down, but not out!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love when that happens. I had a rose bush that only bloomed once a year but when it did it was beautiful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
We have a couple of spider lilies that oddly popped up in our back yard a couple of years ago, and they bloom for about a week every September. I looooove the look of them, but I always forget about them because they just lie dormant the rest of the time! It's always a nice surprise when their beautiful reddish orange flowers pop up, seemingly out of nowhere!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yes, it is always a nice suprise when you have given something up for dead, and there they are again, blooming! I have a few things like that, and it is so nice to see them! However, I think my yellow rose bush is probably really dead now..:cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I love when that happens. I had a rose bush that only bloomed once a year but when it did it was beautiful.
The exact same thing happened to me and I had such a lovely surprise when the plant just magically bloomed again on its own.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't had this done to me but my mom had a couple irises and tulips do this to her. She had planted them one season and only a couple of them popped up, So she thought she had a dead season and ended up planting something else there. The next year, she forgot to plant anything because it was a long winter. Then out of the ground came a plethora of iris and tulips. It was awesome but surprised all of us.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Yes, it is always a nice suprise when you have given something up for dead, and there they are again, blooming! I have a few things like that, and it is so nice to see them! However, I think my yellow rose bush is probably really dead now..:cry:
Sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed

Ask a Question