Flowering plants

Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas for some house plants. I've recently moved into a new house, it's quite a bit bigger than our last home, and so far it's looking a bit bare and lifeless.

I thought that a few more indoor plants would help to brighten the place up and fill some empty spots. I would really like some house plants that flower. Which ones have you had the best results with?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love miniature roses:love: You can grow them indoors, but they have to go dormant during winter. They're really gorgeous and they bloom often. Some of them have fragrant flowers:D
African violets or Spathiphyllum would be great choices too.

Reaction score
African violets are excellent for lower lighting. They can be fussy so once you have them somewhere and they are blooming then let them be. Generally they prefer and easterly window.

Reaction score
@ Claudine - Miniature roses are so pretty. I was given a little pot of them as a gift before, but they didn't last too long, because I hadn't realised that they needed direct sunlight. My living room is South facing, so I could try to find somewhere close to the windows to place it next time. I hadn't heard of Spathiphyllum, so I looked up a picture of it. I love the large leaves and the delicate looking white petals. Thank you for the suggestions.

@ Firelily - thanks also for your suggestion - that's two votes for African Violets. They really are beautiful with their rich colours. It's a bonus that it doesn't need a lot of direct light.

Ask a Question