Flowering geranium good or bad?

Reaction score
I have a geranium that I am overwintering indoors and it has decided to start to bloom indoors. If it is allowed bloom now will it then not bloom in the summer? The type of geranium I have is a Mary Washington.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have a similar problem. My miniature roses should be dormant. After all, it's still February. But they grow really fast and they produce lots and lots of fresh leaves! I blame the weather. It's very warm in my area. All plants are confused.
Can you move your geranium to a colder room?

Reaction score
I have them in the coldest room I can but I think the weather might be keeping it to warm as well. maybe if I cut the buds off my geraniums then they will save their energy for spring but they might just not flower at all then.

Reaction score
Many plants have multiple blooming cycles, roses and geraniums are only two. They will bloom, go through a rest cycle and then bloom again throughout the Spring and Summer. Let them bloom and then they will rest and if they are being fed and watered correctly they will again cycle in again for more blooming.

Ask a Question