Flower questions

Reaction score
Been thinking about planting flowers but am worried about bees. Has anyone had a problem with bees and if so how did you address the problem?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Cmiller, bees aren't aggressive at all, they won't sting you unless you scare them or attack them. There is no need to fear them. The more bees in our gardens, the better:) They're very important and cute little insects.

Reaction score
Bees are not a problem at all. Bees pollinate your flowers! They are the best insect to have in your garden. They help all flowers to grow and spread(I guess is an easy way to put it). Aphids and slugs are 2 insects to worry about. Aphids will suck sap from plants, killing them. Slugs will eat every part of the plant, including the seeds when you first plant them.

Reaction score
Bees are great for your flowers, they are not your problem. Your problem might be bugs, that eat your flowers but they can also be very good sometimes too.

Reaction score
Bees are great for pollinating flowers and do help them flourish. If you are allergic to them though like me this could be a concern of yours. I have found there are certain flowers and plants that seem to attract them more than others. My roses do get some bees mostly bumble bees which dodon't bother you. I have noticed though others such as the butterfly bushes seem to attract all kinds including the dreaded japanese hornet. When planting, if you prefer less bees stay away from flowers that attract butterflys and hummingbirds because these also attract bees.

Ask a Question