Flower lollipops

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Have you ever tried making lollipops? I found a few recipes on how to make some flower candies...it looks so good! I would love to give it a try, but since I'm terrible at cooking, I prefer to ask you first, maybe you can give me some tips:)
Here is one of the recipes: http://www.countrywomanmagazine.com/project/lollipops-make-candy-for-spring/

easter_wedding_edible_spring_flower_lollipops3.jpg

untitled-5.jpg

Aren't the flower lollipops the most adorable?:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I've never tried making lollipops either. Cooking isn't something I've ever really put much effort into though I've grown addicted to Masterchef, so perhaps it's time I learned.

Those lollipops are gorgeous, but if I had one of those I'd probably think it too pretty to eat.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
They sure are pretty and as Gina said, almost too pretty to eat. I have never made anything like this myself and doubt I will find the time to do it. If you do decide to make them, I hope you post a photo for us to see, Claudine :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Number of times I've been asked what I want for Christmas/Birthdays & I've said a sugar thermometer, you think someone would have got me one by now

Not made Lolipops but we did crack making Honeycomb a few years back.

Claudine, an easier way of making them would be to buy some lolly molds and make frozen ones with fruit juice, you could still have the flowers in them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Claudine, an easier way of making them would be to buy some lolly molds and make frozen ones with fruit juice, you could still have the flowers in them

Oh, this is a nice idea! It would be even better than regular lollipops, especially since it has been so hot lately:D. The only problem is that frozen juice probably won't be transparent and no one will be able to see flowers in it.

If it was possible, I would like to eat only pretty foods and avoid these that don't look too nice :p

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Already thought of that, try Apple juice or Elderflower. Or for really transparent, sugar syrup with an essence like mint or lemon.

Reaction score
I've never made lollipops before but I have made hard candy. If I recall the only touchy thing about it is making sure you cook it to just the right temperature (need an instant-read thermometer.) The flowers are a very nice extra touch. I like the idea of freezer pops, too!

Reaction score
Wow, how pretty are those! I've made the frozen versions before using lemon and lime flavoured water, but never thought of making them into lollipos. I wonder if there is a size limit as I'd think a marigold would look fabulous encased in hard-sugar!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Zigs, sugar syrup with lemon juice sounds delicious, you made me hungry!
Babble64, unfortunately I don't have an instant-read thermometer...I guess I'll have to experiment:cool:
Steve Denning, I'm not sure if there is a size limit...but I remember seeing lollipops that were really large:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
image.jpg
Those are truly beautiful, and I have never even heard of lollipop flowers before. They really do look too beautiful to eat.
I saw something similar, and that was an ice bowl with flowers molded into it.
To make it, you put water in the first bowl to cover it about one fourth of the way up, then freeze. Then you put a smaller bowl inside that one, and fill it full of water between the two bowls, let it start to harden, and then add the flowers or fruit slices to make your design.
Once it has frozen, you just take the bowls away, and you have a gorgeous ice bowl to serve fresh fruit in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
That bowl is gorgeous - just as long as it doesn't start melting on your dinner table.

I've always wanted to photograph frozen flowers (or other objects) and that method has given me a great idea about how to do it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Gina, melting on the table was my concern about that beautiful bowl also. I think it would have to be placed on some kind of under platter or dish to catch the melting ice water . And I am thinking that you would only want to do it when it didn't have to sit out for a very long time, or you would end up with a puddle of water with flowers and pieces of fruit floating around in it, and all of the contents of the bowl as well.
Maybe it could be used outdoors, where it didn't matter if it dripped, but then the ice would melt even faster.
So, altogether, it is an awesome ice bowl, but with limited uses, in my opinion.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
View attachment 805 Those are truly beautiful, and I have never even heard of lollipop flowers before. They really do look too beautiful to eat.
I saw something similar, and that was an ice bowl with flowers molded into it.
To make it, you put water in the first bowl to cover it about one fourth of the way up, then freeze. Then you put a smaller bowl inside that one, and fill it full of water between the two bowls, let it start to harden, and then add the flowers or fruit slices to make your design.
Once it has frozen, you just take the bowls away, and you have a gorgeous ice bowl to serve fresh fruit in.

I love the idea, it looks so pretty! I think that I could add some juice to the ice, this way the bowl would be edible and melting wouldn't be a problem anymore:p

Ask a Question