Flame throwers to destroy weeds?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Unfortunately, a flame thrower (propane torch) just kills the above-ground growth, not the roots.
May I suggest you try using straight vinegar on your weeds? If there are too many to spray with vinegar, try an herbicide that is as earth-friendly as possible.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, vinegar for weeds and cinnamon for ants. Someone flame thrower caused a fire :eek:

Unlikely event, but hey vinegar is so much cheaper. Think about the canister you have to buy .. Too expensive. Please don't use it in dry weather, just in case it catches fire..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
A propane torch will kill weeds after numerous attempts, just like vinegar does after repeated applications but by using vinegar you will not accidentally start a fire. I have a torch and I use it to burn dead weeds and brush along my fence lines. But its most important function is to light wood on fire for my BBQ.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yupper! I use vinegar too ever since an unfortunate situation.

21767_1_other_video_games_fire_flamethrower-1020x637.jpg

niEEbMb9T.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Careful with that burning will release toxic fume from poisonous plants, use mask.

It's really bad idea, but if it's isolated and need to be cleared then ok, just keep water pump ready. Putting water after fire will boil the roots also.:p

Ask a Question