First strawberry symptoms

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So i got brown edges on strawberry leaves some from bottom of plant and some from middle leaves of plant. They did dry out for little bit which i think might of caused it but not too sure. I’ve been keeping it under my mars hydro LED light in tent with exhaust system and blowing fan so maybe light to close. Been feeding it promix organic liquid nutrients every week and half which i might cut down a bit because some leaves are very green. The strawberries are growing and new flowers forming, new leaves at bottom of plant doing well. Some of my healthy leaves curl inwards which i always associated with some sort of problem. If anyone has any tips or help on what this could mean it would be very helpful.
Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Overall the plant looks pretty decent but this being first strawberries i grow any get scared seeing any weird symptoms.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been struggling with gardening for the past few years. Nothing really doing well.
I finally sent in a soil sample seems like for the past several years all I have been doing is maintaining poor soil
Even though I would amend and apply lime ( where needed) my Blue/Strawberry area was 5.2 ph so that was ok , but I lacked in so many things I was just not adding enough over the years.
I just planted all new strawberries and they seem to be doing well.
None if my older strawberries came back in 2020. So all new now.

You probably nailed it with the watering issue, letting them dry out.

I do know my strawberries like a good drink a few days before the soil goes dry. I also avoid water on the leaves

Last edited:

Ask a Question