First post, question about grape leaves

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone.
This is my first post here, so I'll give a little info and then get to my question. This is my second year planting a container garden (my landlord likely wouldnt be too happy if I tore a chunk of the yard up to make a garden, so it'll have to suffice until I am able to buy some property). Last year was more or less a trial year to see what worked and what needed to be more thought out. It was pretty successful except for some disease on my cucurbits, especially my Ambrosia melons, which was really annoying because those were the ones I really wanted to grow well.
But anyways this year I have done some things differently and expanded the number of plants I am growing. Among those I have two grape vines, each living in a very large pot. Both grapes seem to be growing well so far, but one plant has a couple new leaves that are not green. They are a copperish color. It is not localized to any certain spots on the leaves and there are no spots or curling or anything else that would signal a diseased leaf so far. Any opinions? If this is something I should worry about I would like to address it asap. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5357.JPG
    IMG_5357.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_5359.JPG
    IMG_5359.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_5363.JPG
    IMG_5363.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 222
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @Com4734 :)

I'm not familiar with growing grapes, but hopefully someone here will be able to help you out with your query. I'd hazard a guess at a possible nutrient deficiency, but that's just a stab in the dark.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll definitely try that, thanks. I tested the soil I used and know it was pretty deficient in nitrogen, but I did add some fertilizer to it. I probably need to add more though. All my other plants have a mixture of eco scraps soil and potting soil but I didnt do that pot like that for some reason.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yeah liquid feed it something. The dry ingredients sometimes take weeks to months to break down, or longer, depending on what you added.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just picked up some alaska brand fish fertilizer for the nitrogen and micro nutrient liquid. Hope this works!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well must be a deficiency because after fertilizing and spraying with micronutrients many of the leaves are significantly greener. Just wanted to say thanks again for the advice.
IMG_5357.JPG
IMG_5446.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sure, no problem. I’d stick with the feedings at least until you get the plant looking real happy.

Ask a Question