First garden shopping trip of the year!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I didn't buy much but enough to get started and make me happy. :) We had what I sincerely hope was our last frost warning" of the season this morning. Went to my favourite greenhouse. P after work with a friend and it was so nice to smell all the beautiful smells and enjoy the colors and wander through aisles and aisles of plants.
Petunia "wave" hanging basket.
Six-pack cosmos.
More petunias. Because, petunias.
Catnip (one for me, one for a neighbor.)
Several different tomato plants - mostly heirloom types but also Roma and yellow cherry toms.
Sweet basil.
Yukon gold, and blue potatoes.
Rainbow chard and kale, 4-pack of each.
And some fertilizer.

Will go back this weekend and pick up more veggies. Plans for a front-yard little pond (which will also need surrounding plants) and another perennial bed in the works in the next few weeks.

Also my best friend's husband who is very handy and does stuff around the house for me (and calls me his second wife LOL) came over to my house today while I was at work and did a lot of raking and brush-cutting and picking up sticks in my side yard. So now I am thinking about what native plants or shrubs I can put out there. This will be my fifth summer in my house and I'm adding new perennials every year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
What is important is that you have help around - does not matter what he calls you. :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes indeed @grouie, he is very handy!
I just planted my first round of annual flowers, still in my pajamas LOL. The two box planters are full, plus big containers on the front porch and back deck. The "leftover" petunias got tucked into corners in my perennial beds. I got dirt under my fingernails and I'm happy. Now off to shower and get to work!

I'll do the veggies tonight, then get the other pots out of the shed and evaluate what space I have left.

Reaction score
You got plenty of goodies ;) I just can't wait to do the same thing, hopefully next year. The first thin I'll get is just a bunch of a lot aromatic herbs. I'll plant some in pots and keep them indoors in my kitchen, so I can grab some when needed :) I might keep some in the patches that are on the edges of the fence, but we will see because I don't quite trust the kids of the neighbors. I'll surely keep some ornamentals :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Yes indeed @grouie, he is very handy!
I just planted my first round of annual flowers, still in my pajamas LOL. The two box planters are full, plus big containers on the front porch and back deck. The "leftover" petunias got tucked into corners in my perennial beds. I got dirt under my fingernails and I'm happy. Now off to shower and get to work!

I'll do the veggies tonight, then get the other pots out of the shed and evaluate what space I have left.

Gardening is such a fulfilling hobby.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That all sounds fantastic, I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on - some photos would be great too! (Sorry, I'm so nosy!!)

More petunias. Because, petunias.

I like your reasoning :D (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
ferns.jpg greens.jpg straw veggies.jpg asparagus today.jpg roma.jpg

Ferns, greens in a container, straw veggie bed along fence, asparagus, roma tomato in container.
Clearly lots of weeding, trimming, mulching and raking of stupid maple spinners yet to do!
And fortunately I have space for lots more stuff. :)

Ask a Question