finally got my garden planted

Reaction score
Everything is finally in the ground. My onions are looking good. They were planted last month. I have some lettuce starting to come up. I also planted carrots, parsley, pumpkin (new for me), zucchini, peppers, tomatoes (big beefy ones and cherry ones), and cantaloupe. It's been a slow growing process as our weather was warming up but today it's only 53 degrees. Monday we had temps in the 80's. My tomato and pepper plants haven't really grown since I planted them about 2 weeks ago.
Last year was the first year I did cantaloupe and did well so I added that again this year. Pumpkin is a new one for me. I like to try something new every year. Last year I tried cucumbers but they didn't turn out right. So this year we are back to zucchinis. I make some really good zucchini pickles and the kids love zucchini bread. I'd like to try potatoes but not sure if I have enough room.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Sounds like you have a nice mix. I almost have everything in. Just have the garlic to get in the ground and need to start some pumpkins. I've been eating herbs and greens (lettuce, chard and spinach) for a few weeks how, and had a few strawberries in the last week. We also had our first head of broccoli the other day and have another I can pick tonight.

Weather has been all over the place there and alot of my plants haven't done too much until the last few days when I'm seeing some nice growth on the peas, beans, cucumbers, zucchini and peppers. Potatoes and carrots seem to be doing well, but since they are underground of course I cant be sure. I'm doing the potatoes in grow bags, they dont take up much room and harvesting will be super easy.

tried lots of new things this year so its alot of trial and error which is half the fun of a garden in the first place

Reaction score
Sounds wonderful for you, a really good blend of produce for you to have. In Connecticut its been a struggle due to weather and a late and cold Spring. Still things are starting get going so hopefully the cold is finally gone.

Ask a Question