Finally back, and starting late, no artichokes :(

Reaction score
Hello fellow gardeners! I've missed you all as much as I have missed spring, summer, and fall.

I have not been on for a few months, due to injury to my right arm, and yes, I am right handed. I found hunting and pecking with my right hand very tiring and it looked to lower my I.Q. many points not being able to use caps, etc easily.

I'm still a bit sore and can't put a lot of pressure on my right hand/arm but I can type and plan to start my paper pots and seeds this weekend with help from my husband.

I am not going to even attempt artichokes this year as there is not enough time to trick them into thinking they are on their second year before I put them in the garden, but I think I'll be able to get everything else going.

I am itching to dig into the dirt!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How long will it be before you can find your garden? Isn't the snow still about neck deep?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Meowmie, glad to see you are back! The greatest thing about gardeners is that, whatever problem is thrown at them, they manage to work around it. I hope your right arm and hand get back to full function soon, and that your garden thrives!

Reaction score
Hi there! Welcome back =D Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to hear things are going better now for you :) I hope very soon (once the weather over there improves) you can start working in your garden again :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about your injury, hope you will be able to get back to your routine soon. Welcome back.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wondered where you'd gone, now what have I told you about getting into fights?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello, Meowmie! I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better!:) Injuries are awful. Some time ago, I hurt my hand and I couldn't do anything in my garden for a week. It was extremely frustrating.

Ask a Question