Fill these spots please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone ,

We have just had some fence redone and there are 2 large gaps (see picture) that we need filled pretty fast due to large dogs.

I did think about a fast climber to block the fence also? but I think we are looking for flowering, scented bushes if possible as we are building a seating area here so I am hoping to surround this area with sweet smells eventually

Most important is to block the dogs from seeing out or going near that fence.

Any suggestions please for shrubs or plants for the two areas would be much appreciated

I am in the South of the UK. I am a novice gardener.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20200404_184410-01.jpeg
    20200404_184410-01.jpeg
    493.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Two thoughts. You could put you a plant in a large container there for the moment to fill up the area. With the other bushes growing over the top of the area, I don't know what would grow there. Or you could add the same kind of bush that is in that area to blend in best.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two thoughts. You could put you a plant in a large container there for the moment to fill up the area. With the other bushes growing over the top of the area, I don't know what would grow there. Or you could add the same kind of bush that is in that area to blend in best.

Thanks for your reply

We moved here recently so have no clue what the others are. Some kind of Buddleia?

That spot gets sunlight most of the day both sides. Will nothing grow underneath the taller plants?

The pots idea might work for now as you say but I would still to put a couple nice big shrubs in there.

Cheers

Ask a Question