Fig Plant...but of what variety?

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was labeled as a Brown Turkey. I bought it at Walmart (go figure) and it was supplied by Bonnie. It has a mild sweetness (at the stage shown in picture). It eventually starts to look like it's moldy. It's a bit sweeter at this stage, but mushy and usually falling to the ground as if over ripened.
Thank you for your time.
M.R.Martin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-160223.png
    Screenshot_20221001-160223.png
    228 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It was labeled as a Brown Turkey. I bought it at Walmart (go figure) and it was supplied by Bonnie. It has a mild sweetness (at the stage shown in picture). It eventually starts to look like it's moldy. It's a bit sweeter at this stage, but mushy and usually falling to the ground as if over ripened.
Thank you for your time.
M.R.Martin
IF, if it is a Brown Turkey it has a brownish, redish, purplish colored fruit when ripe and the flesh is a pinkish orange color.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I checked the Bonnie web site, and they don't show any figs. The brown turkey, which I have, has dark brown fruit when ripe see below and yours doesn't seem to look like that...more like an Adriatic fig.

brown-turkey-fig-tree-.jpg

Ask a Question