Fiddle Leaf Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, everyone!

Decided to make an account and try to get some help for my fiddle leaf fig, Fievel. I’ve had him going on four years, he’s a little over 5ft and it’s been a pretty smooth journey until recently. I’ve moved into a new apartment and I had anticipated a bit of shock and the loss of some leaves, but I’m starting to think it’s more than the move. He’s lost 11 leaves so far and I see two more that have one leg out the door. I’ve watched them all become rather pale until they just yellow and fall off. I thought it may be the lack of light in the new space so I have purchased a grow light. Hoping that will help. Is there anything I can do to save the two that seem to be next to fall? Could it be something other than light?
Any help is greatly appreciated. I’ve made it this far and I’d hate to slowly lose my whole tree, lol.

Attachments

• 20B9D110-0840-460C-BA88-EA8B68C86161.jpeg
    20B9D110-0840-460C-BA88-EA8B68C86161.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 46
  • F5477808-FEBC-4E96-AA73-E93953D301F3.jpeg
    F5477808-FEBC-4E96-AA73-E93953D301F3.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 43
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fiddle leaf figs are super finicky and don’t like being moved at all. That’s how mine died. How’s your watering?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Super finicky indeed. I’ve been super careful these last few years! But I was watering around every 9th or 10th day. I’ve extended that to the 12th lately to avoid overwater as the light source has lessened. Just depends when the soil is about dried out. I make sure it does run out of the bottom when I water.

It’s not as close to the light source as it was in my last place. It was caddy cornered between two windows and now it’s near one west face window. It’s not as bright I don’t believe which is why I opted for the grow light that now sits above it.

Thank you so much for the replies. The two leaves I pictured have since fallen off. Hoping to save the others.

Ask a Question