Fertilizing

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm thinking of trying out Epson salts for the first time,
How do you guys typically fertilize your veggies . My compost wasn't ready to mix in this year (first yr with chickens )

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Epsom salts (Magnesium sulfate) has a lot of good properties but fertilization (NPK) isn't one of them. One of the main properties of ES is its ability to enable plants to uptake nutrients that are already there that the plant isn't able to uptake. Your plants still need NPK. I fertilize with organic pelleted chicken manure and also add soil amendments such as compost, compost tea, ES and just about anything else that will help the soil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Epsom salts (Magnesium sulfate) has a lot of good properties but fertilization (NPK) isn't one of them. One of the main properties of ES is its ability to enable plants to uptake nutrients that are already there that the plant isn't able to uptake. Your plants still need NPK. I fertilize with organic pelleted chicken manure and also add soil amendments such as compost, compost tea, ES and just about anything else that will help the soil.
er334%2B%252862%2529.gif

Epsom Salt MgSO4 is like dessert.
Organic fertilizer is the main course/dish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Rajesh, I tend to think of Epsom salts as the fork and knife.
May be, but it's required in trace (small qty),
So, when you try to get a good fertilizer/ prepare it by yourself magnesium is present in sufficient qty.

It's like you ordered a full course meal, dessert comes alone with it.

Ask a Question