fertilizer for camelias?? any advice?

Reaction score
Country
Malta
hello all... im asking for advice on this fertilizer for camellias..its called OPTIMUS liquid fertilizer for camelias..
its NPK IS 7 3 5..i have got and repotted my camellias 2 months ago and still didnt fertilize becauce the compost for it has in it and is adequetly for camelias bought from nursery..when you think i can use it? i dont want to kill my camellias..on the product it says to give from february to september..when you think i can begin with it since i repotted my camellias 2 months ago pls?? any advice? its my first time with camelias..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would wait for a couple of months after it starts producing new growth. Camellias aren’t heavy feeders so they don’t need a lot of fertilizer.

Reaction score
Country
Malta
great thanks..im a bit concerned its making new leaves and there are some tiny little leaves falling / dieing off..any advice pls?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's normal for the season. As they start to produce new leaves, they drop some of the old ones. Unless it is more fallen leaves than new ones, it will be fine.

Reaction score
Country
Malta
Yes but it seems dying new tiny leaves..im concerned of over watering
Yes but it seems the new tiny leaves are dying..im concerned maybe overwatering

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've found camelias to be pretty resiliant.

Fourteen years ago we had three in the middle of our garden, about eight feet tall. The flowers made a hell of a mess.

P5050065.JPG

But we decided they were too dominant, so we binned two, cut the third down to a couple of feet and planted it here behind this lamp.
I don't let it grow any taller than about five feet, pruning it each year. So there's hardly ever many flowers, but we like it for its lush varigated leaves. (Photographed last year). It's never had any special treatment just very occaionally some general fertilizer and some pond water and it always looks good.

P1030948.JPG

Ask a Question