Fennel seeds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to be in a rather herby mood this morning!

I'm just making another batch of mint wine and wondering if fennel seed would work - my fennel plant is towering about two feet above my head at the moment and is laden with seeds. How do you preserve your fennel seeds?

It seems logical to just let them dry hanging upside down in a paper bag somewhere indoors since the weather's a bit damp and muggy at the moment. Has anyone any other advice please?

Reaction score
Fennel makes food taste like pizza: are you in the mood for pizza wine????? Chew up a couple of seeds and see!

I envy you your plants: fennel is expensive in the store and on cold winter days I do enjoy making pizza. I think that my favorite toppings are cheese with fresh oregano and green onions. My husband and son prefer it if I put things like leftover ham on theirs, and skip the greens entirely!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I hang my fennel in a paper bag and let them dry, That way I don't have seeds falling all over and reseeding it self. I've never heard of making wine with fennel in it but it does sound interesting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
United Kingdom
Well it tastes slightly aniseedy to me, and I've made a batch of wine with just one sprig cooked up with the mint. We'll see what happens in the fullness of time... :)

Ask a Question