Favourite Picture of 2014

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That cardinal picture is beautiful. What kind of camera was used to take it? With all if the wonderful photography I see here, I would be embarrassed to post mine.

Don't be afraid, it's only a bit of fun :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
That cardinal picture is beautiful. What kind of camera was used to take it? With all if the wonderful photography I see here, I would be embarrassed to post mine.
It was a Kodak EasyShare C190, a simple camera. The trick is to have lots of patience and to take 500 pictures or so at a time. After taking so many, some of them will be good ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Funny, I was just looking through the photos I've taken of L and E over the last year from all our little adventures together, and there were so many good ones I could hardly decide which ones to print! Fortunately, Walgreen's was having a sale and I got a good discount, because I ordered quite a lot of prints. They'll be ready some time this afternoon for pickup!

Reaction score
What's your favourite snap that you've taken this year? Doesn't have to be garden related, just the shot you're most pleased with :)

Here's mine, couple of Kayaks just off the Chesil Beach on a hazy afternoon in the summer :)View attachment 3958
I love that photo. You have a natural gift for photography. It also helps that you live in a beautiful area with a lot of stunning scenery.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am going to look through some of my photos and find one to post on here...if only I could remember where I put my camera. These holidays are making me crazy. Anyway it is one I took at Mount Rainier this last summer so I will see if I can locate it.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I love that photo. You have a natural gift for photography. It also helps that you live in a beautiful area with a lot of stunning scenery.

Ta :)

Chuck didn't like it, reminded him of winter :D

Was just wondering where you'd got to :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the Cardinal and your statement that you need to have patience and take about 500 to get a good photo. I would need to take 3X that many and still would not get a good one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My favorite picture I took this past year is of a downy woodpecker on the fence. I feed birds so I can see them and also have a chance to take a picture.
IMG_4196-the lady.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Elegance on the Lake.JPG

Its really hard for me to pick one of my photos because I take so many but I love this shot I took standing on the docks of the marina last year. I had been watching this swan bath and then all of a sudden she flapped her wings. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've have so many pics, but for some reason I am always drawn to this particular photo. It's not crystal clear, and the light is not what I'd like, but still I keep coming back to it.

DSC_0005.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is a picture for you all. This was taken by Lake Erie. Can anyone else tell me what is in this picture besides a ghost? As you can see there is nothing in the sky to make shapes on the ground. I did not even realize it was in the photo until I got home. I was shocked and surprised to say the least

59118_466165184282_6481200_n.jpg

see I told ya, anyone got and ideas on what it might be other than a ghost? I am all ears..or eyes :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Here is a picture for you all. This was taken by Lake Erie. Can anyone else tell me what is in this picture besides a ghost? As you can see there is nothing in the sky to make shapes on the ground. I did not even realize it was in the photo until I got home. I was shocked and surprised to say the least

59118_466165184282_6481200_n.jpg

see I told ya, anyone got and ideas on what it might be other than a ghost? I am all ears..or eyes :)

The profile matches the profile of the bottom head. So my guess is some sort of reflection happened while snapping that picture. what kind of camera/phone were you using? Iv'e seen that happen when my big fingers were too close to the lens creating a reflection.

Ask a Question