Favorite varieties of tomato?

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! Right now I am preoccupied with tomato growing and I would love to add some more varieties to my garden next year. In particular I like to grow heirlooms and rare or unusual varieties. For example this year my prize plant is my Indigo Apple. You wouldn't believe how dark the immature fruits are! They go beyond purple right into black. It's really incredible. Can't wait to find out how they taste!

What varieties are your favorites? Why? What do they taste like? Are they determinate or indeterminate? Everything in my garden this year is indeterminate and I'm considering some determinate varieties next year for, well, variety! I'd especially like to hear about favorite heirlooms and odd-colored or odd-looking tomatoes. The more unusual the better! Still, taste is the most important thing when you get right down to it, so tell me about the tastiest and most delectable varieties you know of too, even if they are new and common. Let's talk tomatoes! :D

Reaction score
I have been growing Yellow Pear Tomatoes for a long time. They are small but convenient. They pack a lot of favor, are interesting to look at and grow quite easily. Another one of my favorites was ildi tomato it has a tart taste. I guess I favor cherry tomatoes.

Ask a Question