Fall/winter indoor plants?

Reaction score
What do you recommend for plants indoors in the fall and winter months? We could really use some air purifying plants, but nothing special. We have spider plants but somehow I manage to kill them.. despite my green thumb. We don't have a lot of space for large plants, but plenty for small decorative ones.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love Spathiphyllum:) It's a beautiful plant and you could grow it indoors all year long. It blooms often and it doesn't take much space. My mother has at least 10 Spathiphyllums in her house.

20383skrzydlokwiat_katalog1.jpg

Reaction score
Oh how pretty! I'll definitely have to pick some of those up. Thank you!

Reaction score
You could also grow kalanchoes, they bloom all the year long, at least they do over here! They are so easy to take care of the only problem is this plant gets infested with aphids if you are not careful, but when they bloom they do it profusely!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
js85 - I'm glad you like it:)
Trellum - kalanchoes are a great choice, they're very pretty plants.
I plan to start growing Amaryllis 'Apple Blossom' this year. My miniature roses will go dormant soon, so I will have a lot of free space on my windowsill.
Apple Blossom' is a really beautiful variety:

amaryllis-apple-blossom-11-04-112.jpg

Reaction score
All these plants are so beautiful! I will for sure be getting some to help with the gloomy winter days. Thank you all for posting. I am new to this whole indoor plant thing so I am trying to learn from everyone else. I will take all of your advice over random Walmart employees. I am not trying to bash here but every time I ask about certain plants, I get the look of death. So I have just stopped asking. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
We have a money tree. This is not the real one we have at home though. I just got the picture from the Internet. Still, it's a great indoor plant. It's said to bring good fortune as well. ;)

1002_l.jpg

Ask a Question