Fairy/mini gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Show me what you've got! My kids got me a kit for my birthday and id like to see some ideas. The kit is a farm kit, but I can see expanding to fairies for my daughter. I'm determined to make this something fun they will enjoy.

I have an area in front where my cannas are that I may be able to do some stuff, or pots out back.

Show me what you've g got and a little about the plants used (shade loving, full sun, lots of moisture,etc).

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not got a fairy garden, but there's a few fairy doors in this thread :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I made my first one 2 yrs ago. The chipmunk were so attracted by it, never caused big damage just moved things around a bit....or was it the "Fairies"?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
No idea,depends on the weather
Country
United Kingdom
That is really good,we sell flocked garden ornaments and mini solar houses at work,i may have a go at making one im inspired :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Show me what you've got! My kids got me a kit for my birthday and id like to see some ideas. The kit is a farm kit, but I can see expanding to fairies for my daughter. I'm determined to make this something fun they will enjoy.

I have an area in front where my cannas are that I may be able to do some stuff, or pots out back.

Show me what you've g got and a little about the plants used (shade loving, full sun, lots of moisture,etc).

Why not ask your daughter to draw their fairyland and take it from there. Better still, let her do it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Why not ask your daughter to draw their fairyland and take it from there. Better still, let her do it.
Ah, well she's three... So drawings all look like spaghetti!

I do plan for them to help, but I'm trying to find ideas so I can give it some direction.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Then plant some sphagetti!

I am sure she will love it. Hehe!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That's so pretty Gemma! Really nicely done :)
Thank you! :)
It is cool, is that a pond liner?
Thank you! Yes that's a small preformed with a spillway behind the house

That is really good,we sell flocked garden ornaments and mini solar houses at work,i may have a go at making one im inspired :)
Thank you! You should make one, then share it with us! :)
Lovely! Jam-packed with lovely details.
Thank you!
I wanted to keep the natural look as much as possible, so for the tree (needed pruning in those pics) I used a real boxwood, I made the fence, the stool legs, and arches using real twigs from my cherry tree. It was a lot of fun!
That preformed tub is too small, I want to make one on the ground, perhaps somewhere inside the courtyard

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you! :)

Thank you! Yes that's a small preformed with a spillway behind the house

Thank you! You should make one, then share it with us! :)

Thank you!
I wanted to keep the natural look as much as possible, so for the tree (needed pruning in those pics) I used a real boxwood, I made the fence, the stool legs, and arches using real twigs from my cherry tree. It was a lot of fun!
That preformed tub is too small, I want to make one on the ground, perhaps somewhere inside the courtyard

I suddenly noticed the little ladder! Hey, so cute!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I suddenly noticed the little ladder! Hey, so cute!
There was also a vegetable garden behind the small arch, tiny wheelbarrow and tools.... too bad I forgot to take pics

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have to say these are really cool. It makes you look at all of these plants and flowers, that we'd normally consider so tiny from a totally different and new perspectivede. A flower becomes a tree etc. when used to create the features that would be huge in scale for fairies. Was thinking to add some more whimsical features to our yard this spring. Been considering some funny looking tree trunk faces.

Although a fairy kit may have to be added to the list. My daughters would absolutely go crazy for this. It would be a great way for them to get creative. My mind is already working on some possible fairy "tree" options. (Maybe a colorful croton petra?) Any reccomendations for kits for beginners??

Ask a Question