Eversweet Strawberry info

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, I'm new to the forum and have a question that's been driving me crazy. Anyone happen to know who created the variety "Eversweet" strawberry or most importantly what it was crossed with to make? I've looked around and some strawberry hybrids have that info, but I've had a hard time finding anything on the eversweet strawberry other them it was bred for the souths hot weather. Im growing a bunch from seed and know it won't be true but would love to know the parents it will try to head back towards, also just knowing the history of the eversweet would be entertaining info to me, because I've definatly fell in love with the variety. Thanks for taking the time to help out!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I daresay someone on here might give you a sensible answer :shy:, but all I am able to manage is ''Welcome to the forum'' :giggle:

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Fragaria X ananassa, strawberry (or garden or pineapple strawberry), is a perennial herbaceous plant in the Rosaceae (rose family) is a hybrid cultivar of two wild Fragaria species that is now is cultivated in temperate and semitropical regions worldwide for its delicious fruit.

Hope that helps some.

Ask a Question