Ever try pink girl tomatoes?

Reaction score
We got a variety of plants to plant this year. I have 5 different varieties of tomatoes and 4 varieties of peppers. But one of the tomatoes was called Pink Girl tomato. I have not heard of them, but I planted them this year to see what they are like.

Have you ever tried or heard of Pink Girl tomatoes?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I haven't heard about this variety before. But I love the name of it so I did some research instantly after reading you post and, to my disappointment, I found out that they aren't pink at all - nor especially cute:p . They still look delicious though:

pink-girl1.jpg

Reaction score
Claudine, I think they would be easier to chop into smaller pieces (like when I make tacos) then regular tomatoes. It looks like they would stay together better.
This may just be a great tomato! I have a few different varieties this year, but this one was the one I have never heard of before. Can't wait to try them!

Reaction score
We got a variety of plants to plant this year. I have 5 different varieties of tomatoes and 4 varieties of peppers. But one of the tomatoes was called Pink Girl tomato. I have not heard of them, but I planted them this year to see what they are like.

Have you ever tried or heard of Pink Girl tomatoes?

I have heard of the pink girl tomato, it's an heirloom tomato and I'm quite sure it's delicious. It sounds like we are sort of planting the same, I too have about five or six different types of tomato plants. I have romas, cherry, and four different heirlooms and can't wait for these delicious tomatoes to get big and tasty (LOL). I also have about three different types of peppers because I love those too.

Reaction score
This year I purchased 3 Pink Girl plants (first time ever) along with 3 Early Girl plants (my usual). Both started ripening about 10 days ago. The Pink Girl tomatoes don’t look real pink until you put them beside a normal deep red tomato like Early Girl – you can really tell the difference, the Pink Girls are most definitely pink. My very first impression from eating them was, they are more feminine, more delicate, than Early Girl. They are a bit sweeter and much mellower (lower acid). They quickly became a favorite for some of us; depends on personal preference, but those of us that prefer sweeter and lower acid absolutely love them. So far we've eaten them (plain and raw) as fast as they ripen, but I look forward to cooking with them.

Reaction score
This year I purchased 3 Pink Girl plants (first time ever) along with 3 Early Girl plants (my usual). Both started ripening about 10 days ago. The Pink Girl tomatoes don’t look real pink until you put them beside a normal deep red tomato like Early Girl – you can really tell the difference, the Pink Girls are most definitely pink. My very first impression from eating them was, they are more feminine, more delicate, than Early Girl. They are a bit sweeter and much mellower (lower acid). They quickly became a favorite for some of us; depends on personal preference, but those of us that prefer sweeter and lower acid absolutely love them. So far we've eaten them (plain and raw) as fast as they ripen, but I look forward to cooking with them.

My Pink Girl are the only ones now without flowers on them. It took a while for my others to flower because of the weather this year, but the Pink Girls have no flowers on them right now. I was really hoping to try them too!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I haven't heard of Pink Girl tomatoes, but I love the name too. From the picture Claudine posted, it looks so yummy. I like my tomato slices with a dust of black pepper and salt. The Pink Girl tomato has gotten to be delicious :)

Reaction score
Country
United States

Have you ever tried or heard of Pingk Girl tomatoes?
Actually I have been growing Pink Girl tomatoes for about 7 years now. And yes they are a pink tomato. This does not mean they are pink pink, but they have a softer shade of red that is pinkish and are indeed classified as a pink tomato. They are a very consistant and reliable tomato. Rarely having disease or blossom end rot, plus they are a heavy bearing tomato. I have grown dozens of varieties of tomatoes and have now narrowed it down to a few favorites, Pink Girl being one of those. As to the heirloom question, I am still wondering about that myself. I am sure I read once that they are an heirloom, and yet when I looked them up one seed company refers to them as a hybrid. So for that question, I am still trying to determine for sure. I have not been saving the seeds, but this year I am going to and we'll see in a couple of years what happens. (Many seeds will be the same as the parent plant the first season) whether they are hybrid or heirloom , but the following year, most likely if not an heirloom, they will be showing signs of being different from your first planting. Hope this information is of some interest.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I just love tomatoes and the pink Girl sounds and looks absolutely gorgeous.:love: Not sure where I'd get it from around here but I'll certainly start looking. Thanks for sharing that dconklin and to all the information from everyone else, especially the phot Claudine. This forum is great.(y)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've never heard of these before but I love the name.
Are they a special kind of tomato? I would be interested in growing these but I only like the larger tomatoes. I am not a fan of cherry sized ones.

Ask a Question