Eurovision Song Contest.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I did well earlier watching Eurovision to act number eleven before falling asleep through boredom so I've been catching up on emails; I can't stand the compare rambling on (Norton?) I never liked Wogan either so nothing new; the only act I liked was Germany.

Is anyone enjoying the Eurovision or am I just being critical? Over the years Eurovision seems to have become political.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't had a television for ten years so I can't watch it. I've seen it in the past and the voting has always been political, so much so it was possible to guess who would vote for or against another country and how many points given. It can't be taken seriously by viewers, surely? :)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Sheal; we have a TV but seldom watch normal channels because they are total rubbish as is the eurovision song contest. I re-joined Bron at around 10:20 to find it more like a circus with weirdo's; then Graham Norton kicked in again and we switched off at 10:30; we'll not bother in future and just stick to YouTube movies and music videos; if tv isn't sport then it's someone waving a gun around. GRRRR. :cry:

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I always watch it even though ours wasn't any good. He didn't dress very smart and there was no good lighting or staging, not like the other countries. It's not all political, Spain wone it this year, the last time was in the 70s. The voting is different now because there's 26 entries and there's 2 qualifying rounds before Saturday because there's so many more countries.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

well remembered Sean; Sandie Shaw Puppet on a string 1967.

Thanks Logan; I agree it's not all political but it's becoming increasingly so;

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...rsy-political-eurovision-190519073236872.html

The last time I showed genuine interest in the contest was when Engelbert Humperdinck represented us and he was past his sell by date; many years ago I watched Englert live at the Batley Variety Club and he was brilliant; I still like his old songs and play them from CD in the workshop;

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/fond-memories-sad-farewells-batley-6697436

The modern songs and performers are usually heard and forgotten immediately unlike in the sixties when I can still remember the lyrics to many of them. Times change though.

Kind regards, Colin.

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi,

well remembered Sean; Sandie Shaw Puppet on a string 1967.

Thanks Logan; I agree it's not all political but it's becoming increasingly so;

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...rsy-political-eurovision-190519073236872.html

The last time I showed genuine interest in the contest was when Engelbert Humperdinck represented us and he was past his sell by date; many years ago I watched Englert live at the Batley Variety Club and he was brilliant; I still like his old songs and play them from CD in the workshop;

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/fond-memories-sad-farewells-batley-6697436

The modern songs and performers are usually heard and forgotten immediately unlike in the sixties when I can still remember the lyrics to many of them. Times change though.

Kind regards, Colin.
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRH i CAN STILL SMELL HER FEET FROM HERE:D:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
don't get that show here. I am into what I can get on Netflix. been watch Frazer , and will watch all of the seasons. sort of missed it when it came out. must have been in college or working, who knows. but really enjoying it. and there are no commercials. so can speed though several for the hour before bed time.

Ask a Question