Escapade Rose, Cluster Rose

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/2015/July 2015/22 July 2015 Escapade Rose. Cluster Rose/HTML/ 22 July 2015 Escapade Rose. Cluster Rose
This Escapade Rose, Cluster Rose (Floribundas) blooms profusely all summer, with periodic deadheading. The vegetation is very prickly. The rose withstands adverse conditions. During heavy rainfalls the rose roots are in water for several hours. It always manages to survive and thrive. It survives severe Winter conditions well. This rose is a plus in any home garden.
dsc_477619%20july%202015%20vegetable%20juice_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ooh, pretty! I think I may be bringing a couple of those home this weekend. A client is giving me a preformed pond, fountain and a bunch of flagstones (I just have to remove it all) and there are two or three very prickly and abundantly flowering rose bushes by the pond they may not want to keep. They look just like yours. I will post photos when I get them for comparison and pehaps you can tell me if that's what I've got. What sort of soil do they like? I've never planted roses before.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's very pretty! I like pink roses:) It's wonderful that it can survive both heavy rainfalls and severe winter conditions. My miniature roses are just the opposite, they're very delicate, and taking care of them is time-consuming. But I love them:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow..they are beautiful and have such wonderful colors! I can see thorns on the branches!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a pretty rose Durgan! :)

Floribunda roses are probably the hardiest of all roses which is why I grow them in my difficult garden. They have to cope with adverse weather conditions and bad soil, mine is sandy. Roses in general are probably better grown in clay but if you are prepared to keep them fed and watered they will thrive in all soil types. Below are two of the nine I have and have grown and flowered well this year in cooler, damper conditions than usual.

'Blue For You'
Rose 'Blue For You' (2).JPG

'Lucky!'
Rose 'Lucky! (3).JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
They are absolutely beautiful Sheal,:) I'm in awe.
My roses don't do well under my care. My Ebb Tide has ebbed away, can't find a trace, along with several others. My cascading one isn't!!!! I do have a very pretty pink one, can't remember it's name, but it still isn't a very plush looking bush. I must do some homework as they really are a lovely flower. I do have a few ground cover ones which do quite well but one in particular is infested with very healthy looking onion weed throughout its roots. I virtually dug it up last season to pull out the onion weed but it's the same again. Guess Ill have to do the same again. I's a very prickly rose.:confused:
Thanks for the inspiration.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Sheal, your roses are absolutely gorgeous, I adore them. Blue For You is one of my favorite varieties, I'd love to try to grow it. It looks so unique!:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you everyone. :)

I have Ebb Tide too DeborahJane and it's the weakest rose of all mine, it hasn't put on the same healthy growth as the others and the flowers always look bruised and dirty, the flowers are a lot smaller than other roses too. The picture below was taken in it's first 'flush' of flowers, any that follow later in the season are not good at all. :( All roses need a lot of attention and if they are not fed regularly they tend to give up.

Rose 'Ebb Tide' (2).JPG

There are a number of 'blue' roses available now Claudine but obviously they are not pure blue, most have a hint of another colour in them. My roses are in their third season and fully mature now. Blue For You has grown to approximately 4ft this year, taller than I expected. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you everyone. :)

I have Ebb Tide too DeborahJane and it's the weakest rose of all mine, it hasn't put on the same healthy growth as the others and the flowers always look bruised and dirty, the flowers are a lot smaller than other roses too. The picture below was taken in it's first 'flush' of flowers, any that follow later in the season are not good at all. :( All roses need a lot of attention and if they are not fed regularly they tend to give up.

View attachment 8141

There are a number of 'blue' roses available now Claudine but obviously they are not pure blue, most have a hint of another colour in them. My roses are in their third season and fully mature now. Blue For You has grown to approximately 4ft this year, taller than I expected. :)
It's a beautiful picture of a beautiful rose:D:love:
I wonder if there are blue miniature roses. I'd love to add one to my collection:cool: It would be wonderful if I could find somewhere a miniature version of Blue For You.

Ask a Question