End of season

Reaction score
Sorry for this belated response. What I was talking about is actually the Water Morning Glory. It has a flower that looks very much like the regular Morning Glory.
axNLr.jpg

In the market, it's usually sold in bunches like this.
7KuKC.jpg

It's very easy to grow. It can be grown in soil or just water. After it's basically a water plant much like hyacinth.
cmfN8.jpg

There are many ways to cook it. My favorite way is to cook it with dried prawns and chillis.
CXNE2.jpg

More information here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipomoea_aquatica

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Victor Leigh, this meal looks delicious! But I've read that another name for this plant is water spinach:eek: . Does it taste like spinach? I'm asking because spinach is one of the foods that I try to avoid as much as possible:p

Reaction score
I LOVE spinach! I use is almost everyday in my smoothies! Wonder if the water morning glory would work as good...

Reaction score
@ victor Leigh.. thanks for that information. I haven't heard of water morning glory. Now, if I can find it here I would be happy to grow it in a glass jar on my dining table. I will checkout the link.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lovinglife, you are exactly like my boyfriend then:p . He loves spinach too and he eats it almost everyday. I'll never understand people who eat spinach:eek: . In my opinion it tastes like grass (well, I've never eaten grass but this is how I imagine it's taste:p ).
Morning glory is so pretty:

250px-MorningGlories-Tonsofem.jpg

Ask a Question