"ELEPHANT EARS"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Has anyone had success with EEars,the neighbors have a beautiful one every year,the girlfriend planted these huge bulbs last year,they were supposed to be Eears,and nothing has grown :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I have grown them for a few years as a novelty. Usually I start them in a pot indoors about February in Zone 5. They like heat and Sun.
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?YHZZR 22 August 2006 Elephant Ear

URL

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love elephant ears, I had one in California, I think everyone had one they grow out there so easily. I have seen them in my area and plane to get one to put in a pot I have now that I have been reminded how much I like the plant.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
~12a
Country
Puerto Rico
Where I live, a staple root known as "Yautia" is commonly found in markets. They taste quite good when boiled! After some research, I found that they are actually in the same family as elephant ears. Perhaps I might try to grow some one day...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I had some growing for a few years. They were in the southwest corner of my yard so they only got some morning sun. Thrived in the heat. Kept coming back each year.

Ask a Question