EDIBLE PLANTS FOR HILLS

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have a LITTLE hill, behind our yard which was flattened out (we added a lot of dirt) and our neighbors pasture behind us. By little hill, I mean, between our fence and theirs, it is a space about 20 ft. X 8 ft. It is at about a 45 degree angle, and our yard is sloped so that the water will run down this hill.

I am working on an edible landscape all around my home. I have planted three bluberry bushes and over 75 strawberry plants. I have 2 goji berry plants in containers and an Aronia berry plant too. Not to mention various fruit trees which are still babies. I want to make this little hill also an edible garden.

What edible plants do you recommend I plant here? It will receive FULL SUN, be at a slope, and receive plenty of water too. It needs to have a good root structure. If it does not spread, it will need to live with weeds. If it does spread, it needs to be able to hold the soil in place pretty well.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
As you're that far south and out of my area I am a bit out of my league.

Asparagus with strawberries mixed in?
Brambles like blackberries or raspberries?
People say rhubarb is edible - they lie, if it needs to be covered in that much sugar it isn't edible.

Walnut or pecan tree right at the top?

Hazelnuts?
Serviceberry (aka shadberry or Juneberry)

Forest of sunflowers?

Ask a Question