Echeveria root problems

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I've been growing and collecting succulents for awhile now and haven't came across any problems but bought this pearl echeveria a few weeks ago and the roots on the bottom have started to develope this white fluff almost and I'm unsure if it's a problem, the plant shows no sign of sickness but I'm worried it soon will. Any help would be much appreciated.
IMG_0439.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Hannah.....nice to see you. Welcome :)
At first glance the compost looks too moist and heavy......however, the plant looks healthy enough to me.
I grow echevaria in a very gritty compost......I use 50/50 perlite and compost. I would be inclined to repot .....same size pot but gently tease some of the compost away and replace with a perlite or chippings added one :)

Reaction score
Hello Hannah.....nice to see you. Welcome :)
At first glance the compost looks too moist and heavy......however, the plant looks healthy enough to me.
I grow echevaria in a very gritty compost......I use 50/50 perlite and compost. I would be inclined to repot .....same size pot but gently tease some of the compost away and replace with a perlite or chippings added one :)
Thank you for responding! I thought the soil was too heavy when I bought it, I'm going to repot it and see how it gets on:)

Ask a Question